CCF Life Academy was born out of a vision to raise children who will be trained in the fear of the Lord, following Deuteronomy 6 and Proverbs 22:6. The primary goal was to put up a school that will pursue both its students’ academic excellence and Christian character so they can help influence the society for Christ.
The founders envisioned the school to be a good mix of traditional and homeschool, taking the best parts of each and resolving their respective disadvantages. They knew that students from traditional schools are provided opportunities to socialize with their schoolmates, but are often stressed out with requirements, stringent rules, and pressure to score high. Homeschooling, on the other hand, develops creativity and a genuine interest in learning but lacks facilities for honing specialized skills which can only be found in regular schools. Hence, Life Academy was proposed to be an institution that will provide all the best of both of these education systems.
- Late 2013 – various parts of the school facilities were completed one by one, and pioneer teachers and staff were hired. Dr. Leonides Son accepted the invitation issued by Pastor Peter Tan-Chi to be the School Principal. The original plan was to offer Preschool to Grade 2 only. However, the school was blessed with various students in its first official school year so classes opened up to Grade 8.
- 2015 – 2016 – Grades 9 and 10 were added. The following school year, the school started offering senior high school to the Grade 10 students of the previous year, becoming the school’s first Grade 11 class.
- May 2018 – CCFLA produced its first batch of high school graduates.
- July 2018 – Dr. Leonides Son concluded his ministry at CCF Life Academy and passed the baton of leadership to Mr. Wallace Panlilio who was appointed by the Board of Trustees to be the School Headmaster.
- November 2018 – The School Headmaster appointed Ms. Claudeene Blairee Acyatan as the School Principal.
- 2019 – More teachers and staff joined the Life Academy family to ensure that CCF Life Academy continues to uphold high-quality Christian education, reaching not only students but also their families, in the hope of making significant positive changes in the world in the years ahead.
Life Academy has been accredited to offer the International Baccalaureate Program. In 2020, the school passed its fifth year evaluation as an IB World School and continues to abide with the standards set by the IB organization. CCF LAI is also recognized as an international school through the Republic Act No. 11638 signed by the Philippine President.